Brad Jersak is an author and teacher based in Abbotsford, BC, where he attends Fresh Wind Christian Fellowship and serves as Reader at All Saints of North America Monastery. His heart is to share the good news that God is Love and that God’s love was shown to us perfectly in Jesus of Nazareth. Through his books and seminers, Brad teaches that anyone can learn to hear God’s voice through the simple practice of ”listening prayer.” Those who practice listening prayer find that God’s love heals wounded hearts and empowers them to heal this broken world.
Brad Jersak’s foundational book, “Can You Hear Me? Tuning in to the God who speaks” trains readers in the ways of “Listening Prayer.” This book provides biblical teaching and 33 practical exercises for tuning in to God’s voice.
Brad self-identifies as a follower of Christ. His spiritual journey includes his confession of faith and trinitarian baptism in the Baptist General Conference; followed by membership and ordination in the the Conference of Mennonites in BC. Then after planting and serving in a “small-c” charismatic church plant, he was chrismated and ordained as a Reader in the Orthodox Church (OCA). He is comfortable ministering with Orthodox, evangelicals and charismatics across the spectrum.
- Faculty (New Testament / Patristics) – Westminster Theological Centre (UK).
- Adjunct Faculty - St. Stephen’s University (New Brunswick).
- Author / Publisher - Fresh Wind Press.
- Senior Editor - Plain Truth Ministries.
- Blogger - Clarion Journal of Spirituality and Justice; The Owl: George Grant Journal; The Red Virgin – Simone Weil.
Other ministry involvement:
- Licensed minister - Christian Ministers Association
- Itinerant teacher - Multi-Nation Missions Foundation
- Board member - Soul Stream
- Board member - Key of David Ministries
- Board member - Faithbuilders
- Post-Doc. (fall 2014) (cruciform theology) University of Nottingham (UK).
- Ph.D. (political and contemplative theology) Bangor University (Wales).
- M.A. (biblical studies) Briercrest Biblical Seminary.
- M.Div. ACTS / Trinity Western University.
- B.R.E. (biblical studies) Briercrest Bible College.
- 1988-97 – Pastor of youth, young adults, outreach – Bethel Mennonite Church Aldergrove
- 1998-2008 – Church-planter / pastor – Fresh Wind Christian Fellowship Abbotsford. This unique church has a special emphasis on practicing listening prayer while ministering with the disabled, children, prodigals, and the poor.
- 2012 – present – Core Faculty (New Testament / Patristics) - Westminster Theology Centre.
- 2012 – present – Senior Editor - Plain Truth Ministries
Church Seminars / College Sessionals:
- Listening Prayer
- Spirituality and Justice
- Cruciform Theology
- Theology of Hope - “Her Gates Will Never Be Shut”
- Click here for details on available seminars.
Eden Jersak was on the leadership team that planted Fresh Wind in 1998 and served as team leader from 2008-2013. Her book, Rivers from Eden, leads readers into 40 days of intimate conversation with God. She also facilitates seminars, including REFRESH, a retreat time for women in ministry. After stepping down at Fresh Wind, Eden re-entered the financial world, where she is currently employed at Paragon Partners.