Brad Jersak is an author and teacher based in Abbotsford, BC, where he attends Fresh Wind Christian Fellowship. His heart is to share the good news that God is Love and that God’s love was shown to us perfectly in Jesus of Nazareth. Through his books and seminers, Brad teaches that anyone can learn to hear God’s voice through the simple practice of ”listening prayer.” Those who practice listening prayer find that God’s love heals wounded hearts and empowers them to heal this broken world.
Brad Jersak’s foundational book, “Can You Hear Me? Tuning in to the God who speaks” trains readers in the ways of “Listening Prayer.” This book provides biblical teaching and 33 practical exercises for tuning in to God’s voice.
- Faculty (New Testament) – Westminster Theological Centre (UK).
- Author / Publisher - Fresh Wind Press.
- Associate Editor - Plain Truth Magazine.
- Blogger - Clarion Journal of Spirituality and Justice; The Owl: George Grant Journal; The Red Virgin – Simone Weil.
Other ministry involvement:
- Ministry associate - Listening Prayer Community
- Chair of board - Soul Stream
- Board - Key of David Ministries
- Board - Faithbuilders
- Ph.D. (political and contemplative theology) Bangor University (Wales).
- M.A. (biblical studies) Briercrest Biblical Seminary.
- M.Div. ACTS / Trinity Western University.
- 1988-97 – Pastor of youth, young adults, outreach – Bethel Mennonite Church Aldergrove
- 1998-2008 – Church-planter / pastor – Fresh Wind Christian Fellowship Abbotsford. This unique church has a special emphasis on practicing listening prayer while ministering with the disabled, children, prodigals, and the poor.
Church Seminars / College Sessionals:
- Listening Prayer
- Spirituality and Justice
- Atonement Theology
- “Her Gates Will Never Be Shut”
- Click here for details on available seminars.
Eden Jersak, Brad’s wife and pastor, is the team leader at Fresh Wind Christian Fellowship. Her book, Rivers from Eden, leads readers into 40 days of intimate conversation with God. She also facilitates a variety of seminars, including REFRESH, retreat time for women in ministry.